Free for SureMed Customers
Konnect NET’s e-Consent makes the informed consent process easier and more robust for insurance consumers, health providers, insurers and advisers.
Our customers and users told us 3 fundamental problems with consent processes used today:
- Hardcopy consent is slow and burdensome.
- Some health providers had trouble confirming the customer’s true understanding of what they were consenting to.
- Some health providers have their own additional process to capture consent from their customers. At times this is verbal, undocumented consent which is somewhat risky from a medico-legal perspective.
These combined to make a process that can be slow, producing a poor experience for advisers, doctors and insurance customers when applying for insurance cover or making a claim.
We took it upon ourselves to create a market standard that addresses this issue and that can be used by all insurance companies. And at the same time it lends confidence to health providers that their patient has been sufficiently informed.
Please note that a small set-up fee applies if you want to use your own wording.
e-Consent was developed in consultation with the New Zealand Medical Association and offers:
- Peace of mind through alignment with the Electronic Transactions Act.
- More certainty that your customer fully understands what they’ve consented to.
- Confirmation of identity through the use of secure tokens and on-device signatures.
- Full audit trail and record of who did what and when, to provide further robustness to the process.
- An easier experience for consumers.
Are you an insurer looking to improve your consent process?
Click below to make a booking for a demo:
If you have any queries, please get in touch:
+64 9 304 2535